Monday, April 21, 2014

Duane Reed Gallery: Friday, 23 May 2014

LINDSAY PICHASKE
May 23rd through June 28th
Opening Reception Friday, May 23rd from 5-8 p.m.

About her work, she reflects: “The desire to create a believable sense of life pulls me forward as a maker. In my recent work, I sculpt animal forms out of inanimate materials that rely on touch to take shape, like clay, string, and hair. In the traditions of the grotesque and the uncanny, I am interested in the intersections between the familiar and strange, beautiful and repugnant, human and animal, alive and dead. My work investigates the possibility that perhaps in the shared space of these dualities, there can be understanding of and empathy for beings that are not human.”

DUANE REED GALLERY 4729 McPHERSON AVE.
ST. LOUIS, MO 63108
P. 314.361.4100
F. 314.361.4102
INFO@DUANEREEDGALLERY.COM
WWW.DUANEREEDGALLERY.COM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home