Monday, November 18, 2019

Duane Reed: Friday, 13 December 2019


Jill Hackney
"My strength is to render what I see. In my artistic vision, I focus not on objects, but upon reflected light, seeing everything, including myself, as a mirror. I paint using vertical lines creating layers of interwoven color, depicting light’s subtlety. Using photography to capture the subject matter for my artwork, I paint a space where the viewer can feel both attached and detached, a sort of emotional and psychological tug-of-war, subtly documenting our trace."

Perry Haas
 "I approach making with a childlike spirit of experimentation and exploration. My work stems from a love of the wood red ceramic surface, particularly how it evokes many beautiful natural phenomena. Like imagining the way wind gathers and deposits leaves on a landscape according to changes in topography, I anticipate the manner in which ash will collect differently on the convex and concave surfaces of my gestural forms. These functional pots are developed as a place for this surface to exist and to be enjoyed as a part of our daily life."

4729 McPherson Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63108
314.361.4100

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home