Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Componere Gallery: sunday, 1 November 2015

Omer Huremovic: “Survivors IV” (Tree Sculptures)

Sunday Reception: 2–4 p.m., Nov. 1, 2015
Exhibition: Nov. 1–28, 2015

Explaining the inspiration for his artistic creations that resonate deeply with viewers, Omer says, “My work bears shadows of my past. Experiences in my native Bosnia and Herzegovina––a country plagued by war and destruction––sparked my desire to give shape to the wonders of nature.” 

“My fascination with trees became the overriding inspiration and key component in my visual vocabulary. In my trees––made of electrical copper wire, aluminum welding wire and rocks that I find or that are given to me by friends and family who support my artistic efforts––I strive to create the sensual, delicate yet strong, dynamic curves that mirror nature’s bountiful manifestations.

“In the past year, I have broadened my focus beyond trees to include wall sculptures and accessories such as clocks and vases. These pieces––made of scrap steel, aluminum and copper and often containing a high gloss–– provide an even greater opportunity for me  to express my artistry. Like my trees, they draw in and reflect a changing light, creating shadows and encouraging contemplation 
of the contrasts that surround us.”
                  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home