Monday, October 14, 2013

Northwest Coffee and Roasting Company: Friday, 15 November 2013

Bugs, Bees and Beets: paintings by Terrri Shay and Kathy Ladd
Opening Friday, November 15th from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
Daily November and December, 2013; hours Mon through Fri 6:00 am to 6:00 pm, Sat and Sun 7:00 am to 6:00 pm.

Terri Shay – The work I create is meant to amuse, intrigue, foster curiosity and mystery through original form and movement inspired by organic growth and nature. I attempt to recreate what has already been seen and understood through my observation of cycles and patterns in relationship with my own vision and creative interpretation. This could be the familiar scene of a landscape, garden or a figure, digested and reinterpreted giving them new playful movement and a slight change in color pallet recreated from a different angle. This creative process is ever changing and mercurial, in reflection of the seasons, harmonies cycles, childish melodies and the adaptive observational imaginative mind."

Kathy Ladd – "The fragrant smell and feel of nature along with nature's colors and shapes inspire me to attempt to create lyrical compositions with my paintings. Every spring, summer and autumn weekends growing up were spent with my family in the country, either on a simple farm with my grandparents or on a small lake with a very primitive house. I believe these simple beginnings cause me to, whenever possible, pursue painting outdoors, this way helps me connect at a more visceral level with my subjects, in this case, vegetables and flowers. My hope is that you enjoy my work as much as I do expressing it."

Northwest Coffee and Roasting Company
8401 Maryland Avenue
clayton MO 63105.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home