Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Fontbonne University Gallery of Art: Friday, 1 February 2008

Dongfeng Li: My Psychological Activities to the Environment
Opening Reception: Friday, February 1, 2008 – 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Exhibition: February 1 – 29, 2008

Dongfeng Li's current exhibition draws inspiration from Li's new environment and the new
people he has met. Dongfeng Li states: "My favorite subject in my painting is the people.
I like to make a series of paintings of the different people I meet and who I am interested.
I always try to capture fresh impressions of them." In this series of paintings, Li uses
cooler light to express both quietness and tranquility, and at times a lonely and clinical
feeling to the work. In addition, Li likes using complementary colors to help create a
drama and excitement within the painting.

Gallery Hours: Monday- Wednesday - Thursday 9:30 a.m.- 4:00p.m., Tuesday 9:30 a.m. – 7 p.m., Friday 9:30 a.m. – 2 p.m., Saturday 12 – 4 p.m.

Fontbonne University Gallery of Art
Fine Arts Building, 6800 Wydown Blvd., Clayton, MO 63105
(314) 889-1431

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home