Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Houska Gallery:: Saturday, 19 May 2018


Peter Manion: La Fragua to Vermont: Works on Paper
Closing Reception and Artist Talk
Saturday, May 19, 1- 4pm

Houska Gallery presents a closing reception and artist talk by exhibiting artist Peter Manion. Enjoy new works on paper that have been added for this event while hearing the artist’s impetus for this series.

La Fragua to Vermont: Works on Paper features work by Peter Manion created during his residencies in La Fragua, Belalcazar, Spain, and the Vermont Studio Center. Needing a “flip of the switch” creatively, these experiences provided the isolation Manion needed to reemerge with a new artistic purpose. It was in La Fragua that he started to experiment with his felt and plaster sculptures - allowing him to reexamine his practice as a whole and create a new pace and vocabulary from which to work.

“These works are, in a way, a spirited approach to cataloguing my artist journey; my realization of creative freedom - freedom from a system I had placed upon myself years before. I’ve found my artistic voice, and now is the time to shout it out from this place from which I was born.”

Houska Gallery
4728 McPherson Ave
St. Louis, MO 63108
(314) 496-1377

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home