Monday, January 20, 2014

Gallery 210: Saturday, 25 January 2014

Zlatko Cosic: Still Adjusting
January 25-March 22, 2014

Still Adjusting, an exhibition of video and installation by Zlatko Cosic. The exhibition opens January 25 at 4PM with a slide presentation by the artist in the Gallery 210 Auditorium. A reception for the artists follows immediately afterward.

The works in the exhibition, featuring seven experimental and non-fiction short videos and an installation, are inspired by the artist's experience of dislocation resulting from 1990s conflicts in the former Yugoslavia.

Addressing the themes of dislocation, identity, immigration, culture shock and assimilation Cosic states, I feel as if I am part of a performance, caught between my past and the present. I adjust how I communicate with the people who are not from my culture. At the same time, this other society has altered the way I communicate with people from my country. (Excerpt from the exhibition essay What's in a Name by Dana Turkovic).

The gallery is open Tuesday through Saturday from 11AM to 5PM. Handicapped parking is available near Galley 210.

Gallery 210
44 East Drive, TCC
One University Blvd
Saint Louis MO 63121
(314) 516-5976
gallery@umsl.edu
gallery210.umsl.edu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home