Sunday, January 12, 2014

Gallery 210: Saturday, 25 January 2014

Still Adjusting, an exhibition of video and installation by Zlatko Ćosić. The exhibition opens January 25 at 4PM with a slide presentation by the artist in the Gallery 210 Auditorium. A reception for the artists follows immediately afterward.

The works in the exhibition, featuring seven experimental and non-fiction short videos and an installation, are inspired by the artist’s experience of dislocation resulting from 1990s conflicts in the former Yugoslavia.

Addressing the themes of dislocation, identity, immigration, culture shock and assimilation Ćosić states, “I feel as if I am part of a performance, caught between my past and the present. I adjust how I communicate with the people who are not from my culture. At the same time, this other society has altered the way I communicate with people from my country.” (excerpt from the exhibition essay What’s in a Name by Dana Turkovic).

Gallery 210 is on the University of Missouri – St. Louis at 44 East Drive, TCC between the North UM-St. Louis Metro Station and Touhill Performing Arts Center. The gallery is open Tuesday through Saturday from 11AM to 5PM. The gallery phone is (314) 516-5976; the fax is (314) 516-4997; and email is gallery@umsl.edu. For parking locations, directions, and campus map, please visit gallery210.umsl.edu. Handicapped parking is available near Gallery 210.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home