Thursday, September 30, 2010

Hoffman Lachance Contemporary: Friday, 1 October 2010

Jon Cournoyer: 'Not Coming Home'

Opening reception Oct. 1st 6pm - 10pm
Refreshments provided by SASHAS
Free and open to the public

"In 1969, when I was 14-years-old, the world beyond the suburban apartment I called home was rapidly and radically changing. Determined to part of the excitement, I climbed out my bedroom window and hitchhiked two thousand miles to Los Angeles. Fortuitously, I drifted to a commune in Laurel Canyon
high above West Hollywood.

This exhibit, 'Not Coming Home,' is an exploration of my leaving home for the first time; my rejection of the insular art world; and how I, as an artist, must rebuff the security of my previous work in order to embrace new mediums and new messages."

www.hoffmanlachancefineart.com
2713 Sutton Blvd
Maplewood 63143
314-960-5322

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home