Friday, August 28, 2009

Maryville Art & Design Gallery: Friday, 28 August 2009

Na Xin at the ART & DESIGN BLDG. GALLERY

You are invited to STEP INTO NATURE (my paintings) and STEP INTO MY CHILDHOOD (my sculptures) Visit me at the opening reception THIS FRIDAY, Aug. 28, from 6:00pm - 8:00pm or come during the gallery dates of Aug. 24-Sept. 5, open daily from 9 am-5 pm in the ART & DESIGN BUILDING GALLERY.

My passion for art started in my childhood in collecting shiny button, pretty picture, and colorful candy wrap. I carved mini-furniture with chalks, made bubble-gum figures and apple-seeds animals. As I grew older, I was intoxicated in creating things and exploring beauty.

Beauty in my eye are from different angles and different forms: the first beam of sun light that comes through clouds; leaves dancing in wind; animals and human bounding into nature. My works catch those sensitive moments with thick paint and rich colors directly out from the tube to give the sense of magnificent imagination. My paints extend to the covered frame to make a two dimensional work into a three dimensional looking. Each piece of my work cuts out a piece of nature and let the viewer to transform the work freely into space so that viewer can breathe it and become part of it. Primitive simplicity and purity is the true essence of nature and that is also what I pursuit for.

Maryville University
650 Maryville University Drive
St. Louis, Missouri 63141

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home