Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Morton J. May Foundation Gallery: Thursday, 27 March 2008

Julia Holyfield "Anywhere but Here"

Maryville University, Morton J. May Foundation Gallery, located in the DUC building, is please to exhibit Julia Holyfields senior BFA exhibit. The exhibit of woodcuts, paintings, and ceramics, will run from Monday March 24 to Friday March 28, 8:30 am - 9:30pm. Come meet the artist at the reception Thursday March 27 from 6-8pm. (Sunday - Saturday 8:30am - 9:30pm.)

Making art is as much an act of escapism as exploration for me. My frequent state of dissatisfaction with a current location or situation fuels my creative drive. I draw inspiration from my time spent in foreign lands, my longing to embark on new adventures, and my views on societal conceptions. By internalizing experiences in my life, they brew inside until through past memories, present discontent, and desires for the future I create something new. --Julia Holyfield

Maryville University
Morton J. May Foundation Gallery
650 Maryville University Drive
St. Louis MO, 63141

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home