Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Duane Reed Gallery: Friday, 15 February 2019


Vicki Friedman
February 15th - March 9th
Opening Reception Friday, February 15th 5-8 p.m.


“Art is about seeing and creating. It is a process. As an artist, I must take the time to see, analyze, translate and own an image. The goal is to embrace that image and the feelings it evokes. Only then am I able to explore the depths of what I am creating, knowing that I have the foundation to stay focused and on task. This series: “Sharing the Process” speaks to this approach. Each work of art is based on a classical pen-and-ink drawing; from this platform I am able to visualize and organically grow each image in my series, starting with the most formal, academic representation and gradually becoming more abstract with each piece I create. As the series progresses, so does my vision of what I am creating.


DUANE REED GALLERY
4729 McPHERSON AVE.
ST. LOUIS, MO 63108
314.361.4100

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home