Monday, February 27, 2012

Metropolitan Gallery: Friday, 16 March 2012

The Nu-Art Series proudly presents Oliver Lake and S. Scott Davis III with an opening reception on Friday, March 16, 2012, from 5:30 to 9 p.m., as part of our ongoing Jazz and the Visual Arts Series. The show continues through April 20, 2012.

I pick up the brush because it relaxes me, it's part of my meditation.

I work with oil and acrylic paint, pencil, collage - often mixing media. I like to work with vibrant colors exploding against one another. I am a painter, usually on two-dimensional surfaces such as paper and canvas, but at times I find myself painting on three-dimensional found objects, and these paintings become sculpture. Over the years I have continued to create Talkin' Sticks - found natural sticks painted and decorated to tell a story, break a spell, power a dream. If there are themes in the work, they come from a long collaboration with my African, Choctaw and American roots, exploring and expressing who I am, and how I see the world. -- Oliver Lake

Nu-Art Series' Metropolitan Gallery
2936 Locust Street
St. Louis MO 63103

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home