Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Maryville University: Thursday, 19 April 2007

Maryville University invites you to the third of five BFA - Studio Arts exhibition. This weeks artist, Michelle Haas, specializes in ceramics and metals. There is a reception with the artist this Thursday April 19 from 6 - 8 pm.

Over the years I have shared my life with many different species of animals. It is because of this that I have come to understand the special love that they have for their human companions, and have developed a need to recreate them through varying media. My sculptures are created often from White Earthenware and are depictions of equines and canines. I portray these creatures in varying positions to show those emotions and feelings not seen by the everyday animal enthusiast. My Jewelry and Metals pieces are created similarly in that figural creations of animals are viewed through moments in time not seen by the everyday person.

Michelle Haas
"MARTY"
April 16 - 20

Maryville University
650 Maryville University Drive
St. Louis, MO 63141
(the gallery is located in the Library building)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home